View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #288
Champion of Europa
SEX APPEAL

Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
FACT In the September 27, 2004 issue of Entertainment Weekly Leno said the following:

"In 2009, I'll be 59 years-old and will have had this dream job for 17 years...When I signed my new contract, I felt that the timing was right to plan for my successor, and there is no one more qualified than Conan. Plus, I promised [my wife] Mavis I would take her out for dinner before I turned 60."

FACT On March 4, 2007, according to the New York Post, the Leno does an about face and is unhappy about NBC's plans to replace him with Conan in 2009.

FACT On July 15, 2008 the Huffington Post reported:

"…on Monday's Tonight Show, Jay Leno hinted at a possible future with ABC while reading the segment, "Headlines." Leno held up a TVWeek cover that said "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno…starring Jay Leno on ABC." Then, Leno joked, "It's like a headline from the future!"

Soon after The Jay Leno Show is announced, an idea championed by Jeff "Sucker" Zucker.

Jay Leno's show didn't die because people were off doing other things. It died because the show was a critical and popular disaster.

If by "doing other things" you meant watching shows that didn't suck, then yes. They were.

Conan's ratings were not as good because Jay Leno killed NBC's audience as a lead in and he had no time to establish a new fanbase in his new slot, like Leno did previously.

These are all things that were already mentioned, and are facts.
Champion of Europa is offline   Reply With Quote