View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #448
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Aside from the above, this episode left me with one major query: WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE ASH?

We've been led to believe that the ash around the cabin was keeping something out (if it was to protect Jacob) or keeping something in (MiB?) - although contray to a post I made a couple weeks back...if MiB was trapped in the cabin, we wouldn't have "seen " the monster as early as the Pilot episode.

Recently we saw Braum try to protect himself from Smokey with a circle of ash and the monster using alternate methods (a stone pillar) to remove him from the cirlce so he could attack him. We've seen Illana collect some more ash and we saw the Others at the temple protect themselves with a big circle of ash when they learned of Jacob's demise.

In last night's episode we saw Flocke/MiB stand outside of the temple at the line of ash, where he sent Claire in to do his biding, presumably because he couldn't cross the ash line. Then we find out that it was Dogen that was keeping him out!!!

So, not the ash? Or was it somehow a combination of the ash and Dogen?

They seem to give us something (in this case the "fact" that Smokey can't cross the ash) and then take that from us. Which leaves us with yet another question to be answered (or an older question to be re-answered).

Perhaps I'm just getting a little impatient with it all now.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote