View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #496
Hanso Amore
You can't teach that

Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kano View Post
OK fair play, just for the sake of the viewer, who most likely is not familiar with the whole fishing trade/sea scene, it just confused me as to why they did it what way.

Some other things I got from the episode -

- MIB spoke of 'him' or 'it', or something which lead me to believe it wasn't actually he himself who took Richard's wife. Although he IS the smoke, did he suggest something else controls him when he is smokey? if this is true (what he suggested), do you think it is the truth? I find it hard to believe since this season he has seemed to be able to choose when he transforms, where he moves and who he kills etc.

- Just remembering the meeting Sun had with Widmore back in season 5, about them both wanting to kill Ben. Maybe his arrival is not totally unknown and that will have some kind of bearing on what happens.

- Cannot wait until Jack sees Lock/MIB.

- Who you think, at this point, will become the new Jacob if that is the way the story goes? - I have been thinking about it, and I keep coming back to Jack. Everyone else could simply go back or have some kind of definite ending. Jack as the new Jacob, and Locke still as the MIB, together for eternity. But then I still also think Jacob wants Jack to kill MIB.

- MIB told Richard to put the knife into Jacob's chest, as in a sure way to kill him. I wonder what Sayid did wrong to the MIB in 'Sundown'? Surely it can't simply be because he said hello before he did it?
I dont think the same rules apply to MIB and Jacob.

MiB said last night that Jacob took his body and humanity. So that makes me think he is always smokey, but just assumes the look of a human. SO plunging a knife into him wouldnt kill him, which is what Dogen knew, he sent Sayid to be killed.

MiB is definitely lying to people. He finds those who are most desperate and prays on their loss, promising what they desire most but cant have to get them to do his will. If Jacob cant bring back the dead, no one can, so MiB is lying to get himself off the island.

Sayid, Richard, Claire. All missing a lost loved one (though Aaron is alive).

I think MiB "scanned" richard when he was in the ship, and saw a means to gain control. So he then appeared as Isabelle, and made Jacob out to be the Devil.

The boat destroying the statue is fucking BS. Wood on Stone and the wood wins?
Hanso Amore is offline   Reply With Quote