View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #4910
The Pope
Pope Is Pimpin'

The Pope is a chill bro (7,500+)The Pope is a chill bro (7,500+)The Pope is a chill bro (7,500+)The Pope is a chill bro (7,500+)The Pope is a chill bro (7,500+)
In other bullshit news:
Regarding Johnson, Jarrett said, "We're paying huge money for Rock. We're talking many millions of dollars. If we're going to spend that kind of money, we're going to take the time to think of a really good name for him."

When asked why TNA wouldn't just use the name he is most well known by, Jarrett sharply snapped, "That's too obvious. You're not a student of the wrestling business like I am. Sure, we could headline Rock against DDP and draw 100,000 buys on PPV, but that's not why TNA is in business. We're not here to make money. We're here to get me over and do things my way. And I say Rock is not going to use the name Rock."

While nothing has been set in stone, possible ring names bandied about for Johnson are rumored to include The Maivia, Bullwinkle, The Brahma, The Bull, The Dominator of Nations, The Rundown, The Tall Walker, Koko B Cool, The Scorpion King of Wrestling, and The Mummy. There has also been talk of bringing back the Johnsons tag team, who debuted with TNA three years ago as two men dressed up as penises. "Naturally, Dwayne would return as a long, lost, Johnson triplet. There's great potential there, because Rock naturally looks like a penis already," said Jarrett.