View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #288
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
K, so Heyman dogged me to spit out my idea in detail so I might as well post it here too.

Alright, so Batman Begins nailed Ras Ahl Gul pretty much on the head. Only difference is that in the comics, Ras is thousands of years old, and uses this thing called the lazarus pit to restore his youth.

Now don't pull away from me here, I'm not suggesting they use that. But what if Ras escaped that collision from the first film. There are a few seconds between when we see ras, and when the train hits, and he IS the master and tutor of a secret group of assassins, so it's plausible. Seeing that it is still realistic, he would have to get pretty fucked up, even if he did survive. This is where "lazarus pit" comes in.

So in the first one, it is established that the league of assassins isn't some little group, but a global organization that has manipulated history for hundreds of years. It wouldn't be farfetched if they had medical techniques more advanced than the modern world's. They could call them the "lazarus techniques" as a nod to the source material.

So Ras heals from otherwise life dibilatating injuries, and takes Bane on as his new protege. (In the comics Ras took Bane on as his heir, after repeated failed attempts to get Batman to do so.) Together they defeat Batman, and Bane breaks his back, just like he did in the comics. Then Ras decides to bury him alive instead of killing him. As a bonus, he could even say "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you." (just thought of that now, btw. fuck I'm brilliant.) Alfred could come save him after they leave. Maybe he tailed them or something. He was a British SAS before he retired, so it's not as unrealistic as it sounds. Catwoman saving him would probably serve the plot better, actually.

Anyway, the next couple of months Bane and Ras aid the criminal element in overruning Gotham. Thus, Ras' failed goal from Batman Begins of setting Gotham on the path to destroying itself, comes to fruition.

Meanwhile, Batman, having trained under the league of assassins, and having the resources that he does, has been using his knowledge of the lazarus medical techniques to heal. Eventually he does, and fights the forces of Ras' and Bane.

Finally he fights them, maybe with the aid of catwoman, in public view, with the whole city watching. So Batman takes down these villains who have been turning their city into hell the last few months and everyone see's it, thereby redeeming himself in the eyes of the gotham people, and also re-establishing his myth, since as far as they know, he came back from the dead.

Everything comes full circle.

And in the last shot, Arnold Shwarzenager as Mr. Freeze pops in the corner and makes an ice pun.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote