View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #11925
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WARNING: ARMCHAIR BOOKING AHEAD

I just thought of an interesting angle WWE could do IF they're going to merge the world titles. A year-long storyline arc which goes through two major heels holding both the WWE and WHC.

At WrestleMania, you have Punk win the MITB. Normally I'd want this saved for an up-and-comer, but it's necessary that Punk get the title in a really heelish way. So you have Miz vs. Cena as the main event. Cena goes over, clean. Afterward, you have The Nexus come out and beat him down and have Punk cash in and win the title.

You then have a nice little story that goes from a Miz/Cena/Punk three-way to a Cena/Punk match going into SummerSlam. All the while Nexus is actually dominating the RAW brand, and they attain quite a bit of power to the point of holding all the RAW titles.

On the SmackDown! side of things, you'll have Del Rio win the title from Edge. The point here is to get Edge away from Del Rio, and have him turn heel and win the title at SummerSlam from a face, maybe Rey. Before SummerSlam, you have it revealed that Vickie and Edge are back together again, and Vickie is the current SD GM.

Sometime heading into Survivor Series (around September) you start to have Punk and Edge cross paths. It would start subtly. Maybe Punk starts to use the spear, and Edge starts to use the Vice. They start randomly teaming in special "Champion Tag Matches", booked by the RAW GM and Vickie under the guise of them being "special attraction matches".

At Survivor Series, you have the RAW GM revealed. It's CM Punk.

Now you have what is essentially a two man power trip controlling all of the WWE. Edge with Vickie by his side and Nexus with Punk as the general manager.

This leads into the Rumble, where Edge and Punk both book themselves as #29 and #30 (39 and 40). They dominate all in the ring, and you have them declared "co-winners" by way of double elimination.

This would all lead to up to Vince McMahon returning and taking control of the company, and into WrestleMania 28, where a now feuding Punk and Edge are in a match to become the new Undisputed WWE Champion. Of course, booking such a huge Heel vs Heel match in the Mania main event is a HUGE risk, but the crowd would naturally turn one, and I think it'd have to be Edge.

Essentially, you have a heel/heel "Mega Powers Explode" type of deal mixed with the Two Man Power Trip.

I'm done now.