Thread: Wii U
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #28
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If you dont look back with such rose colored nintendo fanboy glasses, you'd realize that the N64 was garbage. The games cost MORE at the time than the PS games and they looked like garbage back then compared to PS and some Saturn games. Also the N64 was the start of the whole "No third party support" problem thats plagued Nintendo for the last 15 years. Just about every good N64 game you can think of was either Nintendo or RARE which was effectively Nintendo first at the time, 14 of the top 25 N64 games according to IGN are all Nintendo/Rare including the entire top 7, with the other 11 being crap like Madden/ASB/Tony Hawk ports from the PS. This has pretty much been the case with the Gamecube/Wii too.

The pinacle point of how to explain this is to remember playing Killer Instinct in the Arcades and seeing the ULTRA 64 logo pop up and think this is what games will look like on the next Nintendo console, only to end up with a crappy version of Killer Instict Gold actually making it to the N64, not to mention the horrid SNES version of the first that made it out (which I actually fucking bought..and even more pissed I lost the Killer Kuts Soundtrack CD that came with it)

Edit: I totally forgot about Blast Corps, but since it was RARE we'll never get a sequel/remake..damnit
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote