Thread: WWE 12
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #237
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Remember the AI simply can't compute the concept of a 'good match', nor can that ever truly be simulated. Two guys trying their hardest to win will not look like a good match, it's a still a game, with actions that will be exploited (like close range run attacks/grapples, top rope moves being easy to counter, etc). They're going the right direction by trying to add television-style momentum into the gameplay, such as quicker sells at the top of a match for pace that leads into heavier moves and bigger spots naturally. This is still something the cpu will not give a shit about. You can program it to be 'human' (mistakes, emulating actual wrestler tendencies, going for big moves when it doesn't need to), but then you'll just take advantage at its illogical actions. It's a fine line that'll never be set right, because this is a simulation of a scripted sport. The AI will never be where we want it to be.

But really, they've stuck so many distractions into the series over the years. And it kinda blows my mind that you guys don't approach this series as a multiplayer/party game. 97% of my interest in the series lied in what I could do with one or more other players. I don't think I ever worried about whether the AI would be challenging or not. But different people probably saw the game different ways.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote