View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #38
captaincharismark
reeking of awesomeness

captaincharismark does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
Yeah there are indeed dumbass people in America but that goes for any country in the world. Stupidity isn't relegated to just one nationality. Patriotism is a good thing and while I agree America isn't the only country in the world and other countries do matter we are still the best damn thing going and if our citizens want to chant USA USA! at a wrestling event I think we have that right.
I totally agree there are dumbass people in the US, but you can't judge a whole country based on a few idiots. Especially fans of WWE, b/c WWE plays up streotypes like there's no tommorow. They actually want to diversify their roster with the intention of creating a new streotype to play off of. I think when it's appropriate, patriotism should be shown. In all fairness, that should go for all countries(even at a wrestling event), but in most cases doesn't happen. Unfortunately, WWE happens to be US based, so it's patriotism is directed at the US being superior everywhere. So, I can see why foreign fans might feel WWE events are too patriotic. You can only do a streotype gimmick so long before it's worn out. Even I get tired of hearing all the USA chants, and I'm American. In alot of cases, the supposed "foreigner" is a gimmick and not an actual foreigner. But, like you said, fans should be allowed to decide whether or not they wanna cheer....
captaincharismark is offline   Reply With Quote