View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #3377
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Saw this somewhere, I haven't run it through a playoff simulator yet but it sounds plausible:

Quote:
If the Ravens beat Cleveland both times and clinch the division before the last game at Cincinnati, it could be possible that a Ravens loss would eliminate the Steelers from the playoffs! What the Ravens need is for Cincinnati to beat Pittsburgh next week.

Think about it, going into the last game:
-Ravens would hold the division tiebreaker over Pittsburgh and Cincy (Ravens 5-0, Pittsburgh 2-3, Cincinnati 3-2)
-The Ravens already own the head-to-head tiebreaker over Pittsburgh
-Even if we lose to Cincinnati, we would still have the division tiebreaker over them (5-1 to 4-2)
-Cincinnati would own the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh (4-2 to 3-3)

Im feeling the Steelers might lose later on today, So this could create a scenario like the last day of the MLB regular season where Yankees fans rooted for their team to lose so the Red Sox would be eliminated. How crazy would this be?
A Ravens loss could eliminate the Steelers! that would be hillarious, seeing Steelers fans rooting for the Ravens..I really hope that at least they have to root for the Ravens to win..if I loss would cost the Ravens a bye then I hope that the Ravens would go to win but if they can't get a Bye or they can't lose the bye then I say lose it and piss the Steelers fans off even more lol.