View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #6158
Rock Bottom
Ball So Hard University

Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rock Bottom puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I think the Ravens can manage the Patriot's offense enough to give their own offense a chance to win the game. In the beginning of the game against the Texans, it looked as if they found a nice balance between Rice and throwing to Boldin and Smith, and it turned out that our run game came up pretty short. Honestly, we were lucky that the Texans gave up so many turnovers.

There was a bad decision in the 3rd quarter, when the Ravens were in the lead by 4, and stopped at the Patriots' 1/2 yard line on 4th down. Instead of going into the 4th quarter with a 7-point lead, they risked everything and were stopped. Luckily for us, that decision went unpunished without a Texans touchdown, but I really doubt the Patriots are that generous.

I'm confident and hopeful that we play better than we did last week. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't that great. The offense has the tools it needs to succeed if the defense can continue to step up, but I feel the entire game rides on the offense. I feel really good about having guys like Ed Reed out there against a quarterback who will definitely throw the ball. I just hope Flacco can get the ball to guys like Anquan Boldin, Torrie Smith and Ray Rice. Shit, even Ricky Williams. Also hope the offensive line is a bit more sturdy than it was last Sunday.