View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #7055
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think the Giants have the more balanced team. My main reason to be worried about the Patriots really just has to do with the fact that beating Brady and Belichick in the Super Bowl for the second time in such a short time frame just feels like something that's too good to be true irregardless of who's on the field. There is definitely a mystique about those guys and the fact that the burden of revenge is on them only makes it more troublesome. The Patriots are the only team in the AFC that would plant that doubt in my head.

Assuming Gronkowski is healthy (gotta figure he will be), I'd say both offenses are equally explosive. Offensive line play is going to be majorly important obviously - I feel like the Giants might have the edge there. They didn't play too well yesterday, but they won't be facing a defense as vicious as the 49ers either. I'm really not sure how much the running game is going to play a factor especially if it turns into a shootout early.

Special teams I'd give the advantage to the Patriots - Weatherford and Mesko are both really good and field position is going to be huge. However I'd take Gostkowski over Tynes because he has a bigger leg and Tynes has had some playoff misses in the past. As far as the return game goes, the Giants have absolutely none. The Pats' might not be much to write home about but Woodhead is probably better than what the Giants have to offer.

The defense is the big difference maker. As has been said ad nauseum, the Giants' pass rush is the key to the game. When Brady is rattled he is beatable. Both secondaries are exploitable but I still have more faith in the Giants making the key deflections over the Pats.