View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #26135
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Jimmy View Post
Meltzer said it best on radio today, Ion did the right thing by walking out and playing character. That was the professional way to handle it.
Next Impact! has Xima Ion wearing a "XEMA 3:16" shirt a la Owen.

I think the running commentary speaks volumes about how people view the talent roster of TNA X-Div... or even just lower-tier wrestlers altogether, around here. Botched high-risk spot between Ion/Sorensen and "Flippy McFlipperton shouldn't be doing all that bullshit!!1!". Miz misses R-Truth, and he's not getting railed nearly as much because he's the fucking Miz, an established WWE guy that will get the benefit of the doubt, even though Killings could have easly fell on his own damn head.

The only true difference here is someone got hurt in one and the other was lucky. Those are the risks they take. We could play pass the blame all day, but at the end of the day, that could have happened to anyone on any given night. Yes, even from Daniels' BME.

"The Cameraman" was released from the aftermath of a missed mark from an Undertaker dive a couple years back. No one really mentioned past the Royal Rumble how Hunico could have suffered the same fate because Camacho was ALL THE WAY on the other side of the ring.

I'm not blaming either guy. It was a damned accident. Those occasionally happen in wrestling. Hell, one of the greatest mat wrestlers of all time (Kurt Angle) has had some pretty nasty looking/landing moonsaults. So has Lesnar. And Rey Rey. And both Hardys. Even goddamn Jericho. No one is calling for any of their heads. This one guy fucks up once, and the IWC Gestapo wants to railroad him out of the business. Get the fuck outta here with that noise.

The best that can come out of this is the following progression: Ion and TNA spin this into character development, Xema doesn't get discouraged because he hurt someone to the point where he becomes self-conscious and even more dangerous due to "safety overcompensation", checks on Jesse out of decent human compassion, Sorensen makes a full recovery, they play this up into an angle when Jesse returns, and life moves on. No one needs to be bitter or little about this.

It would be a different story if either guy were drunk or high or something.

That's my thought on the matter, and that's all I'm saying. Flame away if you want.