View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #26945
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Trish Stratus would like to have a match with Beth Phoenix.

Quote:
Stratus: I'd return to WWE for Beth bout

LEGENDARY WWE Diva Trish Stratus has revealed she has one major wish left in wrestling — a match with Beth Phoenix.

The gorgeous Canadian, 36, retired from the ring in 2006, but has made occasional appearances since, including working a bout at WrestleMania 27. She's also had tag matches with current Divas champion Phoenix, but never a dream one-on-one contest.

In an exclusive interview, Stratus told SunSport: "A match with Beth would be pretty amazing! I think she's just awesome in the ring. As a fan, stepping out of Trish the performer, I'd like to see myself and Beth Phoenix. With all the teases we've had along the way, to have a one-on-one match would be awesome. I'd love to work her. That's definitely on my bucket list."

"I've got a lot in me. I really do. Physically I'm at my best. One of the key things that made me leave was the fact that my body was just beat, but at this point I'm healthy and strong. I feel I could go back and take the beatings — and then some."

"I always leave the door open, because you never know. It sounds so cliché, but if the right opportunity presented itself I would obviously take advantage of it. I found that every break I had from wrestling, I thought I came back as a better performer."

"You get a chance to go away and look at the product in a different way. You come back not only with a better appreciation of the product but with a better perspective. Every time you go back you get an opportunity to showcase a different side of you."

Stratus' match at WrestleMania last April was against LayCool and Dolph Ziggler, in which she teamed with John Morrison and Jersey Shore star Snooki. But it was marred by rumours of a major falling out with Morrison, who visibly snubbed her in the post-match celebrations.

Stratus said: "When it came down to it, he just had no interest in working with me. The fact is that I was invited to come back and this is what we were given to do. This was our task — to perform at WrestleMania and at a Raw match the following evening."

"I had a word with him afterwards. There was the famous 'cold shoulder' moment. You win a tag match and when they raise your hand your partner walks away from you. You can have your personal feelings, that's no problem, but when you're performing you're performing for the fans. All your energy is for the fans and it should never be a personal thing."

"I just thought that if we'd had this conversation a couple of weeks earlier — and not after the fact — things could have been different. When it first got proposed that John Morrison would be my partner I was super-excited. I thought we could create some really cool things. It never happened but you don't miss what you never had."

Stratus has recently turned her hand to acting, making her movie debut in action flick Bounty Hunters. In the film's numerous fight scenes, she breaks out some familiar moves from her in-ring days and even manages to have a more exciting fight involving an ambulance than John Cena and Kane did.

Stratus added: "I recall Iron Man coming out and Scarlett Johansson does a tilt-a-whirl in that, and I remember everyone freaking out. I saw it with a bunch of people, and I was like: 'Yeah, I've been doing that for the last ten years!'"

"It encouraged me. I realised that outside of the wrestling world, the movie world and Hollywood hadn't really seen stuff we do every day in wrestling. I was looking at it as an opportunity to really showcase it, especially the lucha style, which I may not necessarily be known for."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...h-Phoenix.html

So would anyone be interested in seeing that match?

I would be.