View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #457
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtotheSwiss View Post
It was the previous episode where it hit me. Before that he had been fine, and then the horrible "Do it dad." scene was fucking ridiculous.
I didn't understand why people were bitching and moaning about Sophia and Carl earlier in the season. Sophia going missing and Carl getting shot set up them going to the farm in the first place and led to some good moments like Shane's heel turn and Darryl's mini walkabout.

The kid is unbearable and not really necessary now though. Him randomly popping up in the barn, going out in the woods by himself and happening to be there when his daddy kills Shane and then suddenly becoming a sharpshooter at 11 is a bit much now.

Maybe it's not the acting as much as it's the sudden change in demeanor from scared little kid to budding psychopath over a matter of days.

Quote:
One thought though, Shane died knowing that the Jersey Shore Gang was off the high-way camping out.
Forgot about that. Could be some good viewing for next season. Still feel like the show probably jumped the shark with Shane's death.

Quote:
Also, no idea what the point was of killing Dale last episode if they were going to do another major character death this episode.
I felt Dale dying served as the motivation for Rick to let the kid live instead of keeping him prisoner or having someone else kill him, which kind of prompted Shane to do what he did.
Next Big Thing is offline   Reply With Quote