View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #1160
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus View Post
What??

Golic said that one of the offensive coaches requested the offense to go after an opposing player's knees at halftime of a game..
Golic also said that he didn't agree with it and none of the players in the locker room followed the directive. If you listened to that show, he cited it as the one time he heard it, it was in response to a dirty play committed on one of their players before the half and none of the players followed through with the directive. Dirty play garners retaliation in almost all sports. I remember playing middle school ball and our coach telling the entire defensive line to pile on the tackle because he kept hitting us in the nuts. I don't have a problem with that because AGAIN, if you play dirty like that, you're assuming the risk that someone will respond accordingly.

Going after Crabtree's ACL, before the game even starts is premeditated and designed to take him out. It wasn't like Williams was telling guys to do it because he was out there making crack back blocks on DBs. Again, you need to be able to look at the context and circumstances before you try to make a parallel.

Furthermore, he said numerous times on his show today and in the past that he was against targeting players in their knees and it's an unwritten rule with players not to do that. Maybe I should have made a distinction, but I have no interest in arguing semantics or the Kane Knight approach of straw man arguing. All I know is guys like Darren Woodson, Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin, Brian Billick, etc... have all said he was wrong for targeting a player's knee in a premeditated manner like that and if that is common locker room rhetoric I think it's safe to assume those guys wouldn't have such positions on the matter.