View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #647
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I definitely remember sitting and watching WM X-7 live. At the time I was doing PPV write ups for a now closed down wrestling website. I sat there with my pen in my hand, staring in awe at the screen as Austin clobbered Rock in the back with that steel chair over and over again. For them to turn the biggest face in the company heel, in his own hometown, on the biggest stage of them all, was a very ballsy and risky move. In the end, I don't think it paid off quite the way that McMahon had in mind - the breakup of the Power Trip due to Triple H's injury was a major blow to the angle, and then the failure of the InVasion angle pretty much set in stone Austin's return to facedom. I can only imagine how the year would have gone had Triple H not torn his quad.

Still, we got some incredible matches out of it with Austin vs Benoit (anyone remember the 10 consecutive German suplexes on Smackdown?) and Austin vs Angle.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote