View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #382
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronepool View Post
I'm not "pissed" but if it's true Wonder Woman not being mythological is stupid.

As for Marvel/DC to me it seems most Marvel movie has more campiness than I would like and I prefer the atmosphere of V For Vendetta/Watchmen/MOS/Nolan Batman. I mean Iron Man 1 and Avengers are really good but it seems like they like to throw in more jokes than sub plots. DC movies seem to have more sub plots and I like that.
Yeah, Marvel movies are a lot closer to source material, as comics as a whole have moved more towards over the top action, spliced with dry wit. It's whats in, and the marvel movies strayed closer to that, than the gritty realistic stuff.

I'm pretty much marvel for life, and I love that they adapted the writing style of guys like Bendis and Brubaker so well onto the screen, but I love even more that we have that and the gritty realistic style of the DC movies.

Comes down to personal preference. The way they built to Avengers definitely plays a factor, but as a guy who is always reading the new comic releases, I love that style.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote