View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #459
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Batman and Superman, yes. WW? Flash? Lantern? No. Outside of the two landmark heroes, none of DC's other properties have received any relevant mainstream attention in decades, if at all.

Wonder Woman was popular in the 70s, and that's been it for her. Aquaman, Lantern, Cyborg, Manhunter, etc. have received little to no exposure, save the occasional JL animated film. They're not on the level of recognition that Bats and Supes are. Banking on the general audience knowing them and their stories is ludicrous to me. There's been zero exposure on almost any relevant scale for any of those characters.

Lantern's movie was awful. I mean, really awful. Maybe one of the worst major comic book movies in the current era after Batman Begins kicked everything off in 2005, followed by the Marvel movement.

Both Hulk movies had what the other didn't; Hulk had a better back story, and was a better written film, but lacked compelling action. Incredible Hulk had a shit ton of high paced action, a better score, IMO, but the story wasn't as compelling. I'd say they're about even, but are far from bad. Especially compared to Green Lantern.

And while Arrow and Flash have their own shows, there's been zero indication that either of those characters' continuities will be integrated into MOS' world.

And God, I hope the Rock does not play Lantern. Like, seriously hope.
Damian Rey is offline   Reply With Quote