View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #24
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRA View Post
There is no way in hell NXT is a step down from anything especially not LOLTNA.
It's not a step down as NXT is still a WWE programme and by that virtue such wrestlers are signed to/a part of WWE. That's like saying being on the bench at Barcelona FC is worse than playing first team football at say Rochdale FC.

But a minor gripe I have is with the name "NXT" which suggests the show is dominated by up and coming stars, those who are green etc which obviously is the case. THIS might be perceived as a step down/embarrassing for say an Austin Aries who is so used to headlining the top event at TNA etc.

However I feel that NXT is constantly improving and gaining in popularity and eventually the lines between the various WWE programming won't be as clear, more superstars appearing on the various shows etc.

Maybe it's just me but in recent times I've felt Smackdown has waned in terms of popularity and significance and perhaps NXT or a renamed NXT should be touted as the genuine "number 2 show" unless of course WWE follows through on the promise to return Smackdown to live broadcasts, in which case make NXT the number 3 show ahead of Main Event/Superstars etc.
Jazzy Foot is offline   Reply With Quote