View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #46
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Yeah, but the up's are down from the up's they were. Sometimes the up's are more down than some of their down periods.

If your goal is to lessen the importance of PPV and television as methods of delivery of your product, you're going to have to be able to point to Network subscribers as indicators that your product isn't dying. If you cannot follow that, I don't know if I can help you any more. There have been Forbes articles written on this, man.
Television continues to be a major revenue stream. Continues to increase year over year. I dont see how they are lessening the importance of PPV and television. Care to explain that one?

The point of The Network is to merge with the PPV business (check out a WWE investor meeting if you dont get it), because the company feels PPV is less profitable long term. PPV you create programming where you lose half of the money right off the top to the cable providers. Network they essentially keep all the revenue. And the long term growth opportunities are likely greater with the Network in markets like India and China. Who knows, WWE could be wrong on that, but so far they seem to growing the business year after year.

WWE had 19K at MSG. They have nearly 15K tonight in Boston. They will likely have close to a 100K in Dallas for Mania. They have sold 60K+ tickets for each Mania the last 10 years. I get it, you dont like WWE right now. Cool, dont watch. Come back in 6 months and maybe you will enjoy. No, instead watch every week, read dirt sheets, sit there and nod and then come on here and complain about the show.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote