View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #65
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The idea that "you don't enjoy it, you should stop watching" is sort of redundant.

Firstly, it's evident that a lot of people have done just that. There's a bunch of guys on this very forum, who came here as wrestling fans and have since stopped watching.

Secondly, the people here, at least the ones you're talking about, probably don't see WWE as a "TV show" in the same way they might see something like Lost, Sons of Anarchy, or Breaking Bad where their viewership is based on the quality of the writing. It's probably more equally compared to a sports team. My favourite soccer team is Aston Villa, has been since I was about 6. In the time I've been supporting them they've won a couple of trophies and had a good 2-3 year spell where they were competing at the top of the league. In the last 3 years, however, they've been abysmal; narrowly avoiding relegation for three seasons, and it's looking to be a similar situation this year. Do I just give up? Do I forget about something I've loved for 25 years? No. I hope (against all hope) that things will get better; that the performance improve, the style of football is enjoyable, and we start to win.

With a lot of guys here they've watched wrestling as long as I've been a Villa fan, including me. It's almost habit at this point. And we hope (against all hope) that it improves to a point where we/they can enjoy it again.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote