View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 04:22 AM   #128
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts HD Edition View Post
Harley without the accent still irks me, but having grown up with the animated series, it's pretty much ingrained into me. Probably won't bother most other people.

Regardless, looks like a cool movie. Will likely enjoy it.
my fiancee watched the trailer and immediately was like "...where is harley's accent?"

she was incensed, having a long-standing love of the character

so it's not just you

but i agree, it mostly looks ok

i am hoping that the joker is not actually part of the squad; in no reality could i conceive him taking orders from anyone, even amanda waller, so i hope he's actually a wild card working against them to try and get harley out

still not sold on his look, though leto's characterisation doesn't seem as awful as it could've been. will still hold off judgment until i have seen the film in full. but the physical presentation still irks me. i know a lot of other people like it/have grown to deal with it, and i've certainly *softened* on it, but the closest he reminds me of any 'iconic' depiction of joker is when he's wearing the tux. reminds me of that well-known alex ross painting a bunch.
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote