View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #206
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
• So this week Raw started with a match and SmackDown started with a promo. I guess it was due to happen eventually. I also noticed that JBL was channeling is inner Cruiserweight with his purple jacket, shirt and tie combo.

• I'm really liking The Usos and their new theme just reminds me of Rikishi's "Bad Man" theme. This change is just so refreshing and it shows that it was a change that was badly needed. I'm actually interested in The Usos now and I've had the feeling for a while now, but now I'm so sure that they'll be winning the Tag Team Championships at No Mercy.

I also don't know what everyone else's opinions are of American Alpha, but I feel that they could do with a little more work. Right now I feel they're a little bit too much on the "generic" side. Similar to Apollo Crews, they don't really have anything that makes them "stand out". It feels that all they really having going for them is that they are "the good guys" and that's it.

Don't get me wrong though, this doesn't mean that I don't like them, I think they're alright, but they just come across as a little generic too me.

Also, the match had a nice wee surprise in it, with it coming in the form of a win for The Ascension.

• Carmella is still terrible. Why beg for the tag only to just stand there after being tagged? I feel now that she actually took Eva Marie's spot after Marie was suspended. It's the only explanation I can think of as to why someone so terrible would be a main focus in the division and be getting so much attention from the writers.

• Miz vs Ziggler has been so good and the video showing all of Miz's accomplishments really showed how far he's came and made me think "How can you hate The Miz after seeing that?". At first I thought that Ziggler could lose and then go to Raw, but thinking about it again, Miz ruled out going to Raw, NXT and so on, so it does look like Ziggler will win at No Mercy, but the optimist in me noticed that when Miz ruled out going to Raw and so on, that Ziggler didn't agree. He just said his career would be on the line, but I really doubt the WWE would do something that smart and if he does lose, he'll probably pull a "Mr. America" and appear wearing a mask or something.

I would also like to say that I really like Miz's new floor graphic. Both the design he and Maryse stand on, and also the red carpet that emerges from it. Goodbye to the days of men running on to roll out an actual red carpet. Everything truly is going digital these days. Even something as simple as a carpet isn't safe.

• These Curt Hawkins vignettes keep getting better and better, and when I say that, I mean more entertaining in a weird way. Some of these facts and the way he presents them are so weird and random that I actually find them funny and entertaining. I had a good laugh this week when the explosion happened and the smoke disappeared to show this:

SPOILER: show

I probably find it so entertaining because I'm big on Hawkins, so maybe if you're not as into him as I am, you wouldn't find these vignettes to be all that great. Next week should be good though. This "Big Curt Hawkins Announcement" will probably be that he's going to debut the next week or something.

The only downside to the vignette this week was that the music has changed to something really generic, so I'm hoping that the generic music isn't his theme and he'll debut with "In the Middle of It Now".

• The whole Bray Wyatt "Boiler Room Maze" thing wasn't actually that bad, however (a little nitpicking here) the end showed the ceiling and the floor as Orton was beating up Wyatt, which really killed the illusion that Bray was sending these messages from a mysterious place. Now I know that he just sits in a room backstage somewhere with a black sheet behind him.

• I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think this is probably the most interested I've been in the WWE Championship scene for a while. The main event was quite good and so was the finish. It's setting up the match at No Mercy nicely and next week's confrontation should be a good one. I'm really looking forward to No Mercy, and not just for the main event. The whole event is shaping up to be a good one.

• Overall, SmackDown wins again but we're at a point that I really shouldn't have to say it as it's a given now. I wonder if Vince & Co. know that SmackDown is generally being more well-received than Raw and what they think of it.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote