View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #16
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What can I say about Test? I don't know why I liked guys with zero personality, but I just did. I still have soft spots for Curtis Axel, Chavo Guerrero and Charlie Haas. He must have had some personality somewhere though, right? I mean, he got to bang Stacy Keibler and Kelly Kelly -- I can only conclude that Test has the sexual charisma of a George Clooney or a hockey player -- it just never came out in the ring.

I remember he beat William Regal, one of my favorites now, in what was basically a squash in early 2001 to capture the European Championship. Even looking back, I don't hate that decision. Jerry Lawler was actually pretty good on the call even then, and made it sound like something was wrong with Regal, and the match made Test look better than a longer match would have. I honestly think we could use more of this in wrestling today. And look -- I've derailed my own submission about Test to talk about the state of wrestling in general because that is more interesting.

He didn't suck. He had a decent look. There were times where he looked too skinny to be a real big man, but they tried to balance it out by making him seem agile and like he was young with the entire world in front of him -- right up until 2006 and his ECW run. I honestly credit in him to the magic of Jim Ross on commentary, always willing to talk about what a star Test was going to be. It's the same reason I didn't hate Billy Gunn right away.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote