View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #31863
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Pretty sure most people know who Justin Bieber is but that's beside the point. My definition of "mainstream star" is not THAT high. I also don't think you need to be a mainstream star to be worth a shit. I don't think Goldberg is a mainstream star but he's a big enough deal to possibly bring that "big fight feel" a WrestleMania main event should have. I was just responding to the idea that Bryan was a mainstream star. I think you'd have to bring the standards pretty low to include him. Punk was closer to being a mainstream star.
I think if you asked most people over 40 they'd barely know Bieber's name, and people outside the U.S. and Canada even more so. That said maybe an Ed Sheeran or something would have been a better choice. Meh.

Anyway, I'd agree with Bryan not being mainstream, but that applies to most guys. I'd put Bryan in the same spot as Triple H in terms of star power, at least before the retirement. Punk got a tad bit higher, but overall I think both men got cut short. I honestly believe given time both could have reached much farther.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote