View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 06:47 PM   #162
El Santo
One Man Horror Show

El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
As much as I love "Family Guy", to a certain extent I can see where Remy is coming from. I didn't enjoy the show much when it was on Fox. At the time, a show that included both a talking dog and a megalomaniac baby seemed to be trying too hard.

It wasn't until it aired on Adult Swim that I appreciate its insanity. I dunno: maybe having it on late with the similar Williams Street humor made me see how absolutely clever some of the stuff was. (Really, would any other show be smart enough to mention Abraham and Isaac from the Bible, and then have Peter fantasize Abraham Lincoln shooting Isaac from the "Love Boat"?)

That said, I think I'll miss the show when it airs on Fox and I'll wait until it gets on Cartoon Network. That's what works for me, anyway.
El Santo is offline   Reply With Quote