View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #9
Joey Slugs
Second City Saint

Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Kids were ordering the PPV's all the time and we'd all watch it at somebody's house. It was like a dam party for a wrestling PPV. Today, I'll be lucky to find someone who taped it for me.
Man, we used to do that shit all the time. We used to rotate houses so one family wasn't buying them all the time. It was always a blast. My friend's parents would get into it and shit. My dad nevered missed a Raw or Nitro back then (we would tape Raw and watch it later... we were huge WCW marks back in the day)

It was funny when I worked downtown during the height of the era, you would see lawyers and high money day traders wearing wrestling t-shirts on casual days.

During the beginning of the nWo days in WCW, my friend's and I at work (we wore yellow clerk coats @ the Chicago MERC) would tag our jackets with the nWo logo, and everyone know what it was and loved it.

God... those were the days.
Joey Slugs is offline   Reply With Quote