View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 10:05 PM   #261
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Cena has gotten a lot better before our eyes, very subtly. He's now a legitimately great professional wrestler, as opposed to a guy with certain qualities and a lot of potential to live up to. His push is also less sickening (remember when Cena held the WWE Title for over a year?). It's been over two years since the guy has been WWE Champion, and he lost it in what was a smooshing. That Brock match helped Cena a lot, because it took out a lot of the pent-up frustration fans had with Cena being perceived as invincible. It was a cathartic moment that gave people that nut-off and move past how produced Cena was, and see how truly talented he is. The US Title reigns also helped tremendously too. It took him out of the main event picture and used his unflappable status to put the spotlight on some other guys by at least having great matches with them. It worked so well that they thought they'd try it with Reigns, but they've missed the part where he's not dominating the main event picture at the same time.
I used to hate cena and thought he was extremely limited. His stint as us champion completely changed my opinion of him. He has put in some of the best matches I have ever seen in the last couple years. That's not all him but also who he was facing in his feuds but he stepped up to another level himself.

I've also noticed that I now sort of miss him when he's gone for long periods of time. He can carry good chunks of time and at least make them entertaining. Also feel like his only real drawback now is that he is shackled in the confines of his gimmick. He needs to be given that freedom to do something g different. I think he is more than capable and has a lot of acting talent hiding behind the surface. He could shine so much brighter if they would just let him evolve.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote