View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:40 AM   #38
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
One solution I heard is that NBC could pay Conan to sit out for a bit, and not go to work for another network. Then, when Leno retires, Conan would take over The Tonight Show then. That doesn't sound right to me, because if that were the case, then all NBC would be doing is making Jay Leno comfortable. It's not that they don't like Conan; it's just that Leno still wants to work, so NBC has to make room for him. From his comments, you've gotten the sense that Leno really didn't want to retire, and he was sort of forced out by Conan. The guy knows how to play the game, that's for sure.

Conan vs. Leno would certainly be interesting. I think Leno would win, simply because he is more of the "establishment" at this point in time, but I think WWKD hit the nail on the head. Conan will only make himself more and more comfortable, and Fallon wouldn't stand a chance. Nor would anyone else NBC put up against Conan, I don't think.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote