View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:19 AM   #691
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savior View Post
Austins body was kinda fucked though right?
At this point, I don't think so.

HBK had the back injury that kept him out of action Rumble to Mania and the subsequent 4 years. Taker was also gone from Rumble to about 2 weeks prior to Mania.

It's moot, anyway. The point is they can, or at least they used to be able to, continue a story without having the guys wrestle every week. They throw away potentially good matches (see Reigns vs. Rusev) on free TV, end it in a DQ or some kind of breakdown so that there's no definite ending and they can book the match again. Such a waste.

I honestly think they don't know how to pace a story anymore. Look at this Woods/Big E/Kofi thing. Woods approaches E and Kofi on Raw, the next night they're a fully formed unit. Could they not have drawn it out a little? Have Woods trying to get them on side over the course of a few weeks, appearing at ringside when the lose with a "see" face, have him help them win in a way of saying "things are better with me around". Give Kofi and E some segments backstage where they're talking it through, have one of them more unsure than the other, a little bit of character development and an opportunity to work on their promo skills. Then you have the group officially come together. Not everything has to happen in the ring/in a match.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote