Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #2067
Fabien Barthez
Spliff & A Brew

Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus View Post
So, my opinion is wrong simply because your opinion differs??

Look, in my 10 plus years of watching MMA, Pride was the only promotion to ever come close to putting on half as good of a show as UFC does on a nightly bases.. If you really want to become uppity towards me for stating that opinion, fine.. I just think it's retarded to spend money on a card full of former great fighters, most of whom I cared nothing for in the first place, than to watch a free event I knew would entertain me, just because it's popular to wear tight shirts with flaming skulls on them..

Even as a "super card" Arlovski and Fedor are the only two fighters I'd pay money to see and even stating that is pushing it, seeing as Arlovski is a shell of his former self and Fedor hasn't fought anyone of worth in over three years.. Well, minus Matt Lindland, who has only one other big fight in the past three years, which was Jeremy Horn, who I have to mention, hasn't done shit either in those same three years, scine he was last in the UFC..

See a pattern there..

I refuse to spent $50 on their tight gay flaming skull shirts, why would I spend it on their attempt at a super card??
I'm not big on this schoolgirl arguing, but either way...

An opinion is stated with additional words which imply it is opinion. You state things like they are fact. 'I knew it would be a bush league show'

Thats why I retort, because fact and opinion aren't stated in the same way.

Arlovski is a shell of his former self? How have you watched MMA for 10 years and still make teenager comments like that? Did you start this decade of MMA voyeurism when you were 3?

And you didn't say you think this, you stated is as a true fact. The run down of match ups you stated was very interesting, but whatever. If you like watching the bottom rung of fighters who get paid around 5k to lose to slightly better nobodies, or TUF rejects Dana tries to milk some publicity out of until the next TUF begins and they become as worthless as before, then great. I would personally rather watch a show that is stacked with fighters with world-class skills and some of the most impressive combat backgrounds in the world.

Who knows why?

Nobody is talking about their fucking t-shirts. Why would you even bother to bring up that they make t-shirts, that to be fair, you probably only dislike because they don't make your size?

Seriously, this isn't just because I don't like you, it's because you make comments from opinion, and dress them up as fact. KK does it, but he backs it up with some intelligence.