Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 06:28 PM   #885
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That's still better than Batman & Robin.

Speaking of the Boy Wonder...

IGN has this article talking about how Robin could be adapted into the Nolan-verse. They were on the money until they suggested a 14-16yo Robin. That's much too young, but otherwise it was a good read. My thoughts on Robin in the Nolan-verse? Glad you asked.

- He's gotta be 16-18, model him after Batman Beyond's Terry McGuinnes, and for the sake of the mythology - choose Dick Grayson (called Richard Grayson in film).
- Dump the circus shit, its just not gonna fly. This Robin should merge elements of Dick, Tim, Jason, and Terry; tossing out the silly funny-books stuff and keeping what works for this series. I'm thinking streetwise kid in the middle ground between participating in Gotham's underworld, or fighting it.
- His parents should die in the pettiest way imaginable, a true tragedy at the hands of some thugs (Tony Zucco, Joker Copy-Cats?). In some way, Batman should be responsible however inadvertent. We can have Richard blame Batman; their relationship should open with tension.
- As to why Bruce takes in the kid... Perhaps Bruce learns that Richard lost it all along with his parents during Batman's battle with some badguys. The least he could do is take him in for a while. It should be emphasized that Bruce doesn't want Richard around forever; at this point he'd believe people close to him aren't that safe.
- Perhaps ironically Richard makes the decision to take on crime, just like Batman, but he comes up with the thought without Bruce's influence. Whatever the case, Bruce has to train Richard very much like Ras trained him. The similarities should be eerily similar, making Bruce wonder if he ended up like Ras after all.
- Bruce should initially keep Richard out of action. He's a 'killer outlaw' now, so his rooftop visitations aren't happening anymore. But with a messenger, a carrier pigeon kind of helper... a Robin if you will, he could communicate with Gordon without risking his own image (or Gordon's). Hell, have Robin avoid any kind of action - keep it all Batman. As a crime fighter, Robin should have a minimal role... a scout or something like that.
- The loud colors of the classic suit, and even the updated red post-Crisis suit, won't work. If Bruce has anything to say about it he'll be in a black combat suit (provided by Fox ofcourse). The convo scenes regarding the suit with Fox - as always - could be where some fun lines could creep in:

Bruce: I need another suit... for a friend.
Fox: ...A friend?
Bruce: A younger friend.
Fox: Never saw you having co-workers alongside yourself, Mr. Wayne-
Bruce: He won't be alongside me. He's something of an informer... like a carrier pigeon.
Fox: A Robin.
Bruce: What?
Fox(Smile): Robin's were used back in those days, not pigeon's Mr. Wayne.
Bruce(Smirk): Fair enough.
Fox: There's been equipment built for scouting and reconnaissance blah blah smart talk blah blah that boy's a wonder blah blah.

You get the idea.

The suit shouldn't have the bare arms thing, he should all covered. The only thing I'm hung up on is whether he should have the face mask, some kind of helmet thing like Batman, or nothing at all. Being trained by Bruce, he'll have the ninja scallops on his wrist as well, but ditch the cape. Scouts don't need capes.

That's a Robin I'd dig onscreen.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote