Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #2863
Fabien Barthez
Spliff & A Brew

Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus View Post
I know the PPV has finished live, and I won't be able to see it for another hour. So I will go in the MMA thread to pass some time an...

Oh no! Somebody has posted some results! Of a UFC PPV! In the MMA THREAD!?! That is worthy of a neg rep!
You know, I would hate you so much more if you weren't so blaitantly stupid.

Anyway, MMA.

I keep reading Bisping getting a bad rap for saying he was fighting for the decision. What a pile of bullshit. I'm not the biggest Bisping fan ever, but an intelligent fighter won't stand infront of Chris Leben for the full 15 minutes, just waiting for his lucky punch. He is going to use his skills to work around it, whilst causing damage.

Bottom line, Bisping has got a Marquee value to protect, and standing in front of a wild swinger and getting knocked out would not have been productive towards putting food on the table. He fought a sound stratagy and in 6-12 months time, he is just going to be better.

Most impressive performance from the Count thus far, by a long haul.