View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 03:37 PM   #59
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeous Dale Newstead View Post
Now I do have to say this, maybe the product isn't made for me. Maybe I'm no longer supposed to enjoy it, I don't know. But I must then ask you, who is it supposed to appeal to? What is their demographic? I don't know too many people with any amount of taste who would enjoy a program with as many issues as RAW has to be honest. Children, teenagers, the elderly, invalids (Looking at you CyNick). I just can't see the appeal other than your odd cool angle (anything with Brock for the most part or Jon Cena's US title run).
Trying to appeal to everyone, which I think is what Vince wants to do, and you end up appealing to no one.

I do a lot of work in the music business and granted, a lot of what gets put out, I personally think is utter garbage. The difference is, the people (label/publishing execs, artists, songwriters and producers) in charge and making the music (most of them anyway) aren't trying to appeal to every single demographic. Not that they don't try to widen their target market to appeal to multiple demographics, but not at the expense of artistic integrity, product quality, or losing or alienating their most loyal, diehard customers. Once they know what kind of products (music) they want to make and what kind of artist they want to be, they do the research to find out who their target market is, how much they spend on music and how best to market to reach them.

You don't see Taylor Swift running around trying to appeal to everyone. She knows who her target audience is, especially her most loyal. She switched from "country" to pop music sure, but the transition was relatively smooth and she knew that she wouldn't lose her a large portion of her audience because of it. Plus, first album wasn't really that country to begin with but each subsequent album became a little more pop oriented. In comparison, after the Attitude & Ruthless Aggression eras, WWE randomly stopped swearing, bleeding/blading, great story lines and writing for the PG/PC era almost cold turkey. Now they've slowly reincorporated some of that back in but they've also lost about 10% of their audience every year.

The problem with WWE is Vince has either gotten so complacent or out of touch (or maybe both) that WWE's begun to compromise the integrity and quality of the product while alienating their most loyal customers in the hopes of appealing to a small segment of almost every demographic.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote