View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #60
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
100% agree. Nobody with a sane mind would discredit Taylor Swift. I mean fuck me I would never listen to her songs willingly, but you can't deny that freight train of success. A perfect combo of the right talent, marketing and timing.

Compare her to say John Cena if you want to, because you could call John Cena WWE's pop star if anything. And the guy is a fucking force of nature, he deserves so much credit. But would T Swift get booed out of her own concert? Hell no. When you #1 babyface is getting booed out of the building CONSISTANTLY, your god damned flag bearer, it suggests something bad is going on.

You know what, Hulk Hogan was NOT my cup of tea, never has been never will be. But in the 1980s there's no denying the sheer magnitude of the marketing, the appeal and the timing. Hulk Hogan in the 80s was not getting booed out of the building.

Yeah, they've at points been able to create an interesting dynamic with the booing and the booking, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. They have hung him out to dry for far too long. You can blame in on fans trying to hijack the show. But if you have half a brain (again looking at you CyNick) you have to acknowledge when your paying audience is booing the guy they are supposed to be into, that is not the desired result. Yeah, they're still paying, and supporting the company, but that suggests to me that they love wrestling so what can they do? You only get so many chances to see a live show especially the biggest wrestling show out there. Why not give them a character they can cheer. And FYI that character for YEARS could have easily been Cena, with his ability, but due to out of touch booking instead he got booed.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote