View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #70
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Changing things around:

* I can't see Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble being a good idea, nor can I get behind Reigns vs. Triple H at a headline match. I just think it's too risky. Brock should be the title match, but if they can't get Rock, there's really no one else for him besides Roman Reigns. Therefore, I'm going with Triple H costing Reigns at the RR. This leads to Reigns vs. Triple H at Fastlane and Brock defending the WWE Title against Bray Wyatt. Triple H then backs Brock at WrestleMania heading into his title defense against Reigns -- who finds himself backed by The Rock.

* Add Natalya to the Divas Title match. Charlotte is officially a heel now, no? If that's the case, even if Sasha is going to be cheered, you need to have another face girl in there. Nattie is a dependable worker and deserves a WrestleMania "showcase." Yeah, it's five girls, but I think they could work together quite cohesively. I imagine Stephanie McMahon inserts her presence into the storyline to give it a "consequential" feel.

* If they get Daniel Bryan medically cleared, he's not going to be in the main event. His overness and wrestling ability will be used to get others over. The idea of a Bryan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura match is enticing, but I can't see them giving the fans that much of a great thing. I could, however, see Bryan finding himself allied with his "friends" Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Neville against the despicable League of Nations. Another World Champion in that match gives it some "WrestleMania weight" and would make it a hot opener for the show.

* This leaves Triple H off the card as an active participant. Seems impossible, but I could see Triple H doing it as a political maneuver. "I'm not in it for myself anymore," that sort of thing -- even though he will be buzzing around the main event and interacting with The Rock. If they can get The Rock cleared, they could put Triple H vs. Rock on the main show too, as there's only then seven matches. I guess they could put something else on there too. A Hardcore Match between Rob Van Dam and Luke Harper seems random, but would be fucking sexy. And there's always the Andre Battle Royal to move up.

You end up with:

* Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Title
* POSSIBLE MATCH: Triple H vs. The Rock
* The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt
* Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the IC Title
* Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Paige vs. Natalya for the Divas Title (Stephanie McMahon is Special Guest Referee)
* Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles for the US Title
* The New Day (c) vs. Kalisto & Mark Henry for the Tag Team Titles
* The League of Nations vs. Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Neville & Daniel Bryan
* POSSIBLE MATCH: Rob Van Dam vs. Luke Harper in a Hardcore Match (Commentators make RVD's WrestleMania streak a point; only happens on main card if Triple H vs. Rock can't)

The match I am iffiest on is the Tag Title one, as Kalisto & Mark Henry seem like such a random team. I can see them wanting to put Henry on the card given this might be his last WrestleMania, he's a black guy, it's Texas, etc. He's been teaming with Jack Swagger, but I don't really see Swagger as someone they will truly try to go above and beyond to get featured. Kalisto seems like their "hot button" guy at the moment. I can see them having him fly around with Kofi for a few minutes, get tossed around by Big E, tags out to Henry who cleans house, then gets the final pin to celebrate with Big Mark. I don't think it would be great, but it wouldn't be the weirdest or worst thing the WWE has ever done.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote