Thread: Lost: Season 3
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #551
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Man I am tired!

As usual Thursday is my night for Lost, however, I had to take different means to get to it.

As I stayed at my girlfriend's on Wednesday I couldn't get the torrent running so that it would be done when I returned from work. So having got in the house at 9:30PM I started the torrents...636 hours for completion!!!

Now I know torrents never take as long as they say they do but i couldn't take the risk, so, off to tv-links.co.uk to watch the streamed vids. Too much buffering, but finally got about 35 mins into the first half when...IE crashes!

In the words of Darth Vader...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyhow I eventually finish watching around 3 in the morning and WOW!

My thoughts are as follows...

Charlie
Seems to most that he had at least 2 chances for survival. Either wait til the small room floods and then swim through the port hole OR just bale.

Now someone above me said that would have resulted in the death of Desmond, but realistically it wouldn't have. Think how long it took to fill the small room, there's no way the whole station would have flooded quickly enough to drown them.

Both Charlie and Desmond would have had time to dive and swim to the surface even without the diving equipment. Charile sacrificed himelf because he believes in fate and destiny, or at the very least believes Desmond's flashes. He believes he must die to save the 815ers and so allows himself to drown.

Jack's Flashforward
Why is it that Jack is in this downward spiral? Is it simply that without the island he has no purpose. No one to lead, no problems to solve.

My thoughts were that Ben was telling the truth and that having made the call, Jack had effectively signed the death certificates of his fellow survivors. At some point he returns home and is wracked with guilt.

However, he wants to go back. That would lead us to asume there is something to go back to/for.

Naomi's People
Are they Dharma coming back to reclaim the island? I have no ideas on this other than it appears Ben is telling the truth (at least a little) given that Naomi lied. Any ideas?
XL is offline   Reply With Quote