View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
PapaGeorgio
2015 TPWW FANTASY CHAMP

PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
HomeMediaCenter Help For Child

My nieces birthday is coming up and will be turning 2 in a couple months. I was thinking of downloading a bunch of Sesame Street, Barney shit like that and dumping in on an external harddrive. Anyways, what would be the best way to play that on a tv.

I personally use Windows Media Center on my computer when hooked up to TV, I really like and I like how sexy I can make everything. My brothers household primarily uses Macs. Plus it be nice if they had other functions like Netflix, Hulu etc on whatever player I get them. I know some basics about Apple TV, Roku PLayers etc but nothing too much.

So the questions are:
1. What should I get that primarily will play the different file types I download (I prefer if I can use cover art when scrolling through on TV and such) which can connect to USB Harddrive?
2. Anything that does that and is Mac friendly or has some other nice features on it?

Also, not looking to spend too much on all this. I figure the AppleTV, Roku or whatever should ideally cost around 100, maybe little more or less. And if it's kid friendly that be great.

Thank in advance.