View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #616
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
• I actually watched the Pre-Show for two reasons:

1) I didn't watch the Royal Rumble Pre-Show and didn't know that the Tag Team Championship match was part of it, so I missed the titles change hands.

2) Curt Hawkins had a match, even though 80% of me knew he would lose.

• Becky Lynch/Mickie James was what it was anyway. I'm pretty sure this isn't the end of this and this will probably go on to WrestleMania, but the Pre-Show as the following women all need something to do at WrestleMania. We'll probably see Mickie James & Alexa Bliss vs Becky Lynch and a returning Tamina, as she's the only other women on the SmackDown women's roster that isn't a heel or a face but still has an opportunity and time to establish a side for herself for WrestleMania.

• I get the feeling that Crews will be gone for a while to sell the injury, only to come back less smiley and more serious, which would be alright I guess. His current generic smiley "I'm a good guy because I'm smiling" gimmick was just bad.

• The Tag Team Turmoil match was fun. I liked it. A tiny bit of me wanted and thought that The Ascension was actually going to win. It did make them look a bit bad though.

• Double countout with Natalya and Nikki. Well, it's quite clear that this will be going to WrestleMania. If so, then I can see it being Nikki that wins and it being her last match.

However, a part of me thinks Maryse will get involved somehow after what happened backstage, but if Natalya/Nikki doesn't happen at WrestleMania, then I can see Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse happening at WrestleMania.

• The Harper/Orton match was really good. I think seeing an image change for Harper happen now that's he's a face would be cool, with maybe shaving his beard short and cutting his hair short or even going bald seeing as most of his hair is already gone on the top, but at the same time, I really think he has a really unique image, especially for a face so I dunno.

• I'm surprised that Alexa lost, if I'm honest. I was expecting Naomi to become Women's Champion eventually, but not at her first attempt and at the expence of Alexa Bliss. I also hope Bliss is alright as Naomi seemed to land really awkwardly on Bliss' hip when she hit the Split-legged Moonsault to win. I think Bliss was in some pain afterwards as she looked to be in pain (but that could have been just good selling) but it also looks liked she called the ref over after the three count.

Seeing Carmella get interviewed after every women's match kind of fills me with dread that she could be next in like for the title. If so, then I can see her winning the title from Naomi at WrestleMania.

• The Elimination Chamber has been modernised and made safer too, which is cool I guess. I'm not too keen on the steel grating floor being replaced with mats though but I'm all for the wrestlers working in a safe environment. That old steel grating floor most likely fucked up a lot of wrestlers unnecessarily.

The new chamber is much taller too and the width is smaller. I had a feeling the shape would be changed but I wasn't really convinced at first, but after see a match take place in the new chamber, I can say now that I'm a fan of the new design.

The match itself though was good. I was really wanting The Miz to win as the man has been fantastic lately and I really think he deserves another run with the WWE Championship. I really liked his first run and I think a second run would be just as good.

I was so happy that Corbin was eliminated first, but my joy quickly changed to sadness as I realised that he'd most likely be facing Ambrose at WrestleMania and for the Intercontinental Championship, which with Triple H & Co. having such a hard-on for the man, would mostly likely end with Corbin winning the title.

Cena being eliminated really surprised me. I expected him to retain but when it was down to Styles and Wyatt, I just knew that Wyatt would win by reversing AJ's Phenomenal Forearm into Sister Abigail.

I really don't know how I feel about Wyatt being WWE Champion. For example, what was the point of Orton turning heel and joining The Wyatt Family three months ago if he's just going to turn face again in the run up to WrestleMania?

Was that the only reason Orton joined The Wyatt Family? To give us a reason to care about the WrestleMania main event? Orton's sudden (and random) joining of The Wyatt Family was really weird and it made no sense, especially after it was made clear that Orton wasn't going to turn on Bray or any other shenanigans, but if all that was done just to give the WrestleMania main event more of a backstory then it's just stupid.

I can't help but feel that the whole Orton/Wyatt storyline that goes back to August was just a complete and utter waste of time.

Maybe I wouldn't feel all "conflicted" and "confused" and so on about it all if Orton had a legitimate reason for joining The Wyatt Family, such as being brainwashed or whatever, but no, we just got Orton randomly joining after months of them beating each other up and tormenting one another, with Orton's reason being the piss-poor reason of "if you can't beat them, join them".

Meh, maybe over the next few weeks Orton will say it was all a plan to destroy the Wyatt Family from within or whatever. There's still time for all this to make sense.

Overall though, it was a good PPV but it did have it's questionable decisions which is unusual for SmackDown.

Still the A-Show though.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote