View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #123
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As for the point about Charlotte surviving not being a testament to her skills -- it truly is. With the WWE being generally shit (and I am more down on it than a lot of people here, so please don't assign me the position of WWE apologist), you need stars that can survive that. You can no longer count on "Well, if they're booked well, they'll be something special." No, now you need to be able to be something even if you are booked shitty. Charlotte can do that. Bayley and Sasha are on struggle street. They won't be fired or anything, but they're not exactly setting the world on fire like people thought they would.

I haven't watched that much recently, but I did see the Triple Threat at Clash of Champions. It was okay, but it felt like every spot they always do. I'm giving Charlotte her props, but one thing she doesn't have is experience. Becky Lynch brought that to the WrestleMania Triple Threat and that match was great. With Sasha and Bayley it was just spot, spot, spot, spot and there was no emotional draw. These aren't girls that can go out there and you just tell them to have a 20 minute match and they can do it. They need to plan that shit out and be in front of a crowd that already loves them.

And both Bayley and Sasha are still really young. Both are still in their 20's. Given how young they love to throw the girls out there, because they are still sex appeal, they often aren't as polished as they should be to float in a genuine high-profile position. And that should be expected. These women are human beings and professionals that are still working towards getting the things that make stars down to muscle memory. They're still cooking.

Charlotte is a phenomenon, because she largely has a lot of it down -- the harder stuff that allows her to float while others sink -- and she's only been in the business since 2013. She is freakishly good.

Something seems off about it, mainly because of how they have booked her, but Becky Lynch would make the best opponent for Charlotte, I think. The opponent that could bring the best out of Charlotte, anyway. But they've cast her to the veteran that works with the younger girls role. There are benefits to that, but I think Becky could be a star.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote