View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #15
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That picture does nothing but solidify the swinger theory, and my addendum that THAT'S why Mercury was around as long as he was. Plus, on topic, the way they carried the belts was part of the gimmick in how "disrespectful" they were of the titles. They looked better on Melina anyway. Stacy did them justice too.

Slicky has a point about Austin slinging it around like it's more worthless than Jeff Hardy's purple mess from TNA. I mean, to be what he "wanted more than anything in the world", he sure publicly treated the belt like shit... with that said, however, a lot has to do with it being part of the gimmick.

Austin didn't care. He "owned" the belt, and could do whatever the hell he wanted with it. It's not like every champion since treated it the same way. Edge didn't always wear the belt. At one point in one of his reigns, he always clutched it like someone was going to steal it. Miz only wears it when he does his entrance in ring attire for a match, and that's because he kind of incorporated taking it off and slinging it on his shoulder as part of it. HHH almost always wore it around his waste*, even in street clothes. At one point, I think Shawn wore his like a bandolier.

Part of how you wear, or don't wear, the title can just be a factor of a guy's in-ring persona.

*I know it's wrong. I just wanted to be like everyone else.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote