View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #318
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Glorious One:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Paige was with Del Rio at the press conference but never spoke. At one point this past week she did quit WWE, but there were talks afterwards of attempting to mend fences and at press time things had been settled and she was scheduled to return, perhaps as early as the 9/19 Raw in Memphis, which would be after her 30 day suspension expired. In actuality, her return depends on her various injuries and there is no date scheduled as of yet, but that would be the earliest date possible. It was a touchy situation since a decision was almost made to fire Paige several weeks ago, to the point I was alerted about a firing to come on deadline, which was to be her, but at that point there was a change of heart. That was back during the week where several people had been let go and before the announcement of her Wellness policy failure. She had gotten legal representation this past week.
Update to recent Paige news.

Quote:
With the exception of Sabre and Ibushi, everyone on the final episode of the CWC has been signed by WWE, along with people like Rich Swann, Jack Gallagher, Akira Tozawa (finishing up in Dragon Gate) and possibly Ho Ho Lun, because of the company wanting to create stars for China. Several will be starting this coming week. Metalik is still working Mexico until he moves his family in, so TJ Perkins was the only one of the four who could have won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As we reported yesterday in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Brian Kendrick, Rich Swann and Jack Gallagher are all scheduled for the Raw taping this Monday in Memphis, TN. I would think you can add Perkins to that list as well.

There is already talk of doing a similar CWC style series in 2017, perhaps focusing on female talents. There's been early discussion of doing something in the first quarter of 2017 but that was nowhere written in stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As we noted earlier this week, Emma was backstage at Raw in Baltimore.

We are told that Emma, who has been out of action with a back injury, is slated to be on the road this coming week for WWE so she will be returning shortly.
Quote:
The 9/26 Raw could do a disastrous number because it's up against both the NFL and the Presidential debate. What could save it is that there is a traditional Raw bump the day after a PPV show.
Quote:
WWE is advertising a 9/25 show in State College, PA with A.J. Styles vs. John Cena for the WWE title, Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt and The Miz vs. Apollo Crews for the IC title.
Possible signs of post-No Mercy ppv plans for Smackdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Restrictions & limitations in the CWC: We had agents. We had to deal with agents as well and plan it out. I know for me personally, I wanted to do a stalling suplex from the second rope and they completely scrapped that. They said no way can you do that. For whatever reason, Me & Zach were supossed to be 50/50 right up to the end and it was more of a showcase for Zach which is understandable, right? I get it. There weren't major handcuffs put on, but they did want to steer the ship the way they want to steer it. So as we go along and get more progressive into it, they're easing up on it. Tozawa is known for that snap german suplex with a hold for the pin and they were adamant on saying no absolutely no head drops at all and when push came to shove, Tozawa did put (Ken) Johnson directly on his bean for that snap German suplex. Its the same as anything. It's wrestling politics. Either you kind of bite the bullet and ask for forgiveness later or you just do your stuff. I'm sure to God that burning hammer (Brian Kendrik's) was not discussed. WWE doesn't even let the tombstone fly other than the Undertaker.
From a longer interview Tyson Dux (Rd 1 loss in CWC) had on a recent episode of Shining Wizards Wrestling podcast show. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/104...ooked.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA President Billy Corgan posted the following video on Facebook, responding to reports (not sure where these may have originated) that he was lining up investors to buy TNA, stating that he was using his own money to attempt to purchase the company and has been using his own money to invest thus far into the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Bray Wyatt did a media jaunt for WWE this week. When asked by The Springfield News-Leader if he had any heroes in the pro wrestling world, Wyatt commented, "Oh, man. I have a lot of heroes. I have a lot of people that I’ve looked up to. We touched on Dusty already. As far as, you know, me having a hero, I would say Blackjack Mulligan (Wyatt's grandfather), who just passed away, you know, not too long after Dusty did. He’s up chasin' down shots of Jack and gettin' in fistfights with Dusty in heaven. Blackjack was just a man bigger than life. He was huge, by the way, 6'9". He was just a huge man. Just seeing him come into a room, how he handled himself. You couldn't help but look up to someone like that. He was the last cowboy — maybe the last real cowboy outlaw that will ever be. Wyatt noted that Dusty Rhodes gave him the "Eater of Worlds" moniker. To read that complete interview, click here.

Wyatt was also interviewed by Tupelo, MS's Daily Journal. On growing up in a pro wrestling family, Wyatt commented, "Growing up in that environment is a strange thing,” he said, laughing. “Most people couldn’t imagine it. When I was a child, I thought everyone was a wrestler. I thought when you went to work, you went to go wrestle. It was weird hearing kids talk trash about your family from what they see on television, but it kind of molded me and made me what I am today – thick-skinned."To read that interview click here.
Quote:
The second stage of this is impossible to defend. The WWE was aware Orton had a concussion, and covered it up. Orton, likely to protect the company, also downplayed his injuries, even to friends and co-workers who were not aware of this. He was pulled from house shows, but was at television and kept from anything physical.

However, the WWE was promoting Orton vs. Wyatt the entire time. The company knows full well that the time line for recovery from a concussion is impossible to predict. It could be a few days. It could be a few weeks. It could be a few months. There is no way to defend the company for promoting a PPV match with a concussed wrestler when they had no way at all of knowing whether he’d be able to perform ... The fact is the scenario with Wyatt vs. Kane was something planned as a backup for some time, so they were fully aware from the start. Worse, after he was checked out before Backlash that day, and it was ruled that he would not be able to do the match, the WWE not only hid that from the audience, but continued to heavily promote the match on social media hours after the reports were already out that he was off the show, as well as during the pregame show ...

According to one doctor who is a concussion expert and some wrestlers who know the bump, they questioned allowing a wrestler not cleared to deliver an RKO.

Bret Hart, whose career for all real purposes ended due to a concussion, said, “Absolutely, he shouldn’t take any falls. The impact of any bump will pose problems. The brain is usually swollen and can’t be banged about.”

While WWE can defend itself for usage of the Impact testing of Dr. Joseph Maroon as its guideline, and other sports use it as well, it’s well known in football how to cheat on those tests. That’s not saying Orton did, but there may be better systems to use. A lot of that becomes political in the sense WWE’s head of medical is the guy who was at the forefront of the program they use. But it does feel like WWE may be behind on the curve on the nature of its testing.
From a lengthy article by the Observer about the WWE purposely hiding Orton suffering from concussion problems since Summerslam. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._a_concussion/

Quote:
Backlash only drew 7,000 fans, and that was with a lot of papering around town in the days before the show. There were reports of tickets being given away at night clubs as well as outside a Comic book convention the day before the show. In addition, for the first time in recent history, a WWE PPV show didn’t crack the No. 20 searches for that day
Quote:
It’s notable that the recent WWE Network commercials have more and more Hulk Hogan on them, including two voice clips in the latest commercial. In the past, they’ve not pushed Hogan on network commercials. We’ve all known that WWE was looking at bringing back Hogan when they thought the time was right and when they wouldn’t get a backlash for doing so. I sense this is some testing of the waters. Most wrestling fans don’t care, and Hogan will always have a nostalgia thing going for him no matter what he does, but the racist comments are a tough one to come back from, and the company can’t plead ignorance if a sponsor gets mad over it. Still, while this is not a perfect analogy at all, but seeing Ryan Lochte doing “Dancing With The Stars” so soon after he basically became the poster boy for the ugly entitled American abroad with no sponsor backlash says a lot
Quote:
Eric Barnes, who was the last person left in the marketing department, is no longer a full-time employee. Barnes’ official title was Senior Director of Consumer Engagement and Integrated Communications. He is still having an involvement with the company as a consultant. He was the last person left in the marketing department.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote