View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #386
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
Yea, I know what you mean. I think there's higher expectations for answers given it being the final season.
These episodes would be huge by season 4 or 5 standards even. For instance, the lighthouse was pretty big.
Generally they're just slowly pulling the curtain back on what The Island and Jacob are all about.

We've gotten an answer on the smoke monster already, and even some semblance of one for the numbers. The numbers are actually something they probably won't fully answer. They're just a significant set of numbers that continually occur in different places on the island, and why that happens is something to be kept a mystery.
The final candidates being listed as those numbers is probably the most meaningful usage of them yet, though.

I don't think there's really a shit ton of the old lingering mysteries left to deal with. Other than "what is the island" and stuff involving Richard.
I think the big questions are the ones that are currently being raised, and that's sort of evolving every week.
The whole story of the island, and Jacob/MIB is obviously a "mystery" that will take a long time to reveal. Plus the alternate reality. We have absolutely no idea where that's going, or how it will be resolved.
I have been noticing the subtle moments of deja vu, or shaky memory that the characters experience from time to time.

I'm drawing a blank right now. What were some of the big mysteries going into this season other than the smoke monster, Richard, and Jacob/MIB?

I guess the skeletons and numbers too, though like you said the skeletons might remain ambiguous. I think the numbers definitely will, and I'm cool with that.
yea, I AGREE. My wife keeps complaining that they are not answering anything. Yes, they are, but like you said, a lot of the little things from back in the day may never get answered.

Like did the Polar Bear thing from season 1 or 2 ever get explained. just a random one I had in my head.

I really enjoyed the last 2 episodes of this season. It's starting to come together nicely.
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote