View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
BasicThuganomics
WordLife

BasicThuganomics does not have that much rep yet (10+)
it must be me, but it seems like th fans go crazy everytime he locks the crossface on anybody? As far as Benoit being stale goes, look at what he's been given since the MOTY (in my opinion) he put on with Angle at Royal Rumble:
alot of tag team matches
a fued with Rhyno (which got a lousy payoff on TV and ended badly)
a fued with Eddie Guerrero (which produced the match of the night at Vengeance i think it was)
stuck in the US title hunt
and of course a long fued with A TRAIN (complete bullshit!!!)

Benoit hasn't had much to do since Royal Rumble (when he was very over at the time) But give Benoit a chance to prove himself in the main event scene and he is capable of getting himself over. His promo about how the WWE title is what he has worked for his entire life and how much he sacrificed in his quest for it was really good i thought. Have him cut another promo similar to that (or just re-air that one even?) Get Benoit in the ring and he can get himself over and put on a 5star match (at Royal Rumble i hope.) I'll admit that he is not the most charasmatic guy in the WWE and that he doesn't have much of a character beyond being "best damn technical wrestler" and someone who likes to do his talking in the ring. But honestly, it works for him, and he can still get over with the fans by doing what he has done before. Only now he can ACTUALLY WIN THE WWE TITLE!!!!!!

I'll main event Wrestlemania! you see me you're outta luck.....

You don't like what I'm saying? Well I just don't give a FUCK!!!!
BasicThuganomics is offline   Reply With Quote