View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #261
Outsider
Just Some Guy

Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I don't think I like the new doctor. Something with him is a little off to me but I can't quite figure it out exactly.
I like him.

He is meant to be off. Far more in the character of classic Who than new Who. Certainly I get the feeling that there is a significant element of Third Doctor about this one, in terms of both look and character.

The finale was .....good. But not great.

There were some things that worked, and other bits that didn't. The whole killing Osgood thing was disappointing as she had potential to be a great re-occuring character or stop-gap companion, but it served the purpose of putting Missy over.

The whole Danny/Cyberman thing was incredibly well acted and well done, but the concept of him being able to beat his programming also just seemed a bit cheesy. The same with the Brigadier, nice nod to an old character, but again, just not quite right.

This whole series has struck me as being incredibly inconsistent and lacking direction. The character of the Doctor and Clara has changed from week to week and it has made it difficult to fully get their relationship, and it hasn't felt like they invested that much into the relationship between Danny and Clara either. It was mostly carried out in montages and explanations rather than seeing it develop and how much they care about each other in the way the did very effectively with Amy and Rory.

I think part of the problem was they were essentially starting from a blank slate. Each writer has interpreted the two characters slightly differently, as they are both new (technically Clara wasn't, but her character has been blank from day one) which might explain this inconsistency. Hopefully that will improve for the second series of the 12th Doctor.

And the Christmas episode will be shite, they always are (with the exception of last year, as it wasn't a Christmas episode, it just happened to be shown at Christmas)
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote