View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #261
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
I think it was because of the legitimate fear/sadness that he could actually be retiring. I know I started to get emotional ala Edge/HBK/Flair retirement speeches until he teased it too much and it started dawning on me what was about to happen. If there is any doubt as to whether Daniel Bryan is a fucking SUPERSTAR, it was eliminated last night. Him saying he is wrestling again got a pop that rivaled Flair's "I'LL NEVER RETIRE!" Promo. Fans love and respect Daniel Bryan. There is an emotional connection that has been built over the past few years that can never be broken. He is a solidified permanent true main event draw. Daniel Bryan is perhaps the only babyface in WWE who bridged the gap between the casual audience and the hardcore fans. From my memories, I don't recall Washington DC being a "smarky" city so I can only imagine the reaction he'll get in Philly when he enters (and wins) the 2015 Royal Rumble. Daniel Bryan makes people happy just by wrestling, and that is something truly special.
And the best part is that his rise was natural. Sure, the yes! movement takes place across the globe, but like you said, fans just enjoy him in the ring doing what he does best.

If Vince isn't convinced that he has yanked every brass ring down, with prejudice, then he is actually out of touch and should bugger off.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote