Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #221
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolyptik1
Also, people who are blaming the broken nose for being the only reason why Randy won is starting to fucking get to me real bad. I keep reading it on a lot of MMA sites.

When you suffer an injury midfight, you can either quit or go on. Becoming injured in a fight, accidental or no, should not be something that someone can fall back on. Its just as easy to say that Gonzaga could have not gotten the broken nose by stoping the takedown that Randy used to break his nose in the first place. Randy finished his fight with a broken arm, and it still seems to not reach people, because they are so caught up on this broken nose thing

Fact is, if Gonzaga would of stopped the takedown, the nose would of never broke. IE Gonzaga lost the fight all by himself. This rant has nothing to do with anything anyone has said on the site, but I had to get it off my chest. I fucking hate the sherdog forums.
Sherdog are cunts. FACT. Gonzaga's broken nose may very well be the biggest reason (certainly not only reason) Randy won but the fact is Randy caused that injury by pushing his style of fighting. Endurance wise, Randy would have won if Gonzaga didn't KO him by the 3rd.