Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #225
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolyptik1
I dont think Fedor's first lost will come via the ground but from standing up. I dont care what anyone says, his boxing is very unorthadox and he throws a lot of looping wide hooks from his hips. Granted, you are supposed to throw from your hip, but he leaves himself way to open to punches down the pipe.

I expect Fedor's loss to come from either a head kick or a mean punch that will set him on his ass. His Sambo is classy, even to go as far as to outclass the best BJJ heavyweight in the world.

But to say that Fedor would murder Chuck is fucking dumb. Fedor fights a lot like Randy, wherein he uses his standup to bring opponents to the ground. Guys like Mirko and Chuck give Fedor his best matches because they refuse to go down on the ground and give him and advantage.

Now do I think Randy will beat Fedor? If Randy neutralizes Fedor like he did Gonzaga, its a great possibilty. You dont see much work out of Fedor in the clinch because he always works for a takedown. If Randy held him up against the fence with underhooks and worked his dirty boxing effectively, then he could very well wear Fedor down and eventually mount him and pound him out. I am sorry, regardless what anyone says, Fedor's conditioning is waning, and probably more so since he doesnt want to fight anyone his caliber and keeps hand picking his opponents. 5, 5 minute rounds are tough when you have someone like Randy on you that knows how to control the clock and uses his superior wrestling to wear opponents down.

Everyone at Xtreme Couture constantly talks about how hard it is to keep up with Randy, and how easily he can wear you down once he gets you to his level.
fedor is russian dude. that stigma about how they train isnt from the movies, its real. They are always in great shape. They might not always be the best fighters but theyre always in great shape.