Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #892
Hanso Amore
You can't teach that

Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I love Two Face historically, and while I would love him in the 3rd, I think he is well done in this film.

I don't think he is rushed at all. I think that he is a NEW Two face, and most people think of their pre-conceived portrayals.

This Two Face is not a Super Villain. He is Harvey Dent. Not even really an alter ego, just a nickname he already had.

Dent was to be the Hero that people can follow, the public figure, and Batman saw him as a way to end his work. Wayne knew he could never be with Dawes until Batman was gone, and Dent was his ticket to that goal. Dent could lead the people how Batman couldnt.

But after Dawes Death, he snaps, and all they were working for was lost. He kills those who he feels are responsible for Rachel's death (The Corrupt Cops, and Gordon, who he blames for trusting corrupt cops, despite his constant pleas). His deeds are not from evil, but revenge.

What role could he really play in the 3rd? If he comes back as an anti-batman villain, they completely change his character and what he meant to TDK. I also see no need for an entire 3rd movie arc about his continued pursuit of revenge against Gordon.

I like where the movie ends.

The Joker did all he could to ruin what Dent/Batman were trying to do. And while he was able to corrupt Dent, Batman has taken the blame, and saved the city. And by Dent dying, he still can serve as the White Knight the city needed.

So all is well. Batman still is not the hero of the people, but he doesnt not want to be that. He is their Dark Knight. If Dent comes back, the entire ending of this movie becomes worthless.
Hanso Amore is offline   Reply With Quote